Thread: Intel launched LGA 2011 ( Sandy Bridge-E )

Thanks

Exclamation Intel launched LGA 2011 ( Sandy Bridge-E )

LGA 2011, also called Socket R, is the most recent CPU socket by Intel. LGA 2011 supersedes and replaces Intel's LGA 1366 ( Socket B ) in the high-end and performance desktop market areas.

Information for the Intel X79 chipset can be found in the table below.

Desktop Processors

Server Processors

R.I.P AMD FX Bulldozer

* Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_2011

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PocketMonster For This Useful Post:

Murder4higher (18th November 2011)

Thanks

intel doing the same way like amd now
    every year a new socket and the older one goes away

im still waiting of games :/

cool now we can run 100x games at the same time!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 802 Posts

That's just funny to see how powerful are going to be the computers to let the developers waste calculating power by coding poor softwares and end with same performences ...
    It would be time to optimize softwares a bit so we can enjoy the power we have in the box.

About the slot switching, it's marketing related to push people to change HW
    ~ ~

Thanks

i honestly think they did this just to plug the gap for the amd bulldozer series, as it seems like a pretty thrown together chip its on the sandybridge core with no intel graphics hd3000 or whatever so an overclocked 26/2700k would outperform this in rendering / gaming.

like i say its just to bridge the gap from bulldozer arriving.

it would definatley be a silly choice as the new chipsets are around the corner on a smaller die / less power consumption so expect 6 cores on something similair to sandy bridge with some intel graphics onboard.
    Last edited by icy; 13th December 2011 at 11:16.
    She Could See From My Face That I Was F*cking High....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by icy View Post
    i honestly think they did this just to plug the gap for the amd bulldozer series, as it seems like a pretty thrown together chip its on the sandybridge core with no intel graphics hd3000 or whatever so an overclocked 26/2700k would outperform this in rendering / gaming.

like i say its just to bridge the gap from bulldozer arriving.

it would definatley be a silly choice as the new chipsets are around the corner on a smaller die / less power consumption so expect 6 cores on something similair to sandy bridge with some intel graphics onboard.
    The bulldozer has arrived already. Like 2 Months ago? "AMD-FX" And I can tell you that even though it has 8 cores and a pretty high clockspeed, the i5 2500K rapes it into pieces.
    + Onboard graphics suck ( imo ) the 2600k / 2700K are the same chips. Apart from the 100mhz difference in clockspeeds. I just wanted to share this stuff for hardware freaks.

I will stick to my i7 2600k

Thanks

yeah true, but i beleive this onboard graphics will become more important. as in the rumours for the new xbox.
    in time we will just buy one expensive cpu wich does the job of the graphics card aswell

Thanks

I wouldn't want to try and run and decent 3d or graphics intensive game on the inbuilt GPU on Intel CPU dies, it is nowhere near the same performance or specification of a dedicated GPU at present. Sounds about right for an Xbox (says a PC and PS3 owner here) Seriously though, the inbuilt GPU would a fair way off being anywhere near as good as a dedicated GPU whether stand alone of in crossfire etc.

Thanks

maybe i was under a bit of an illusion but after reading up before i bought my new sandybridge chip, I read something about intel advanced vector extensions (AVX) acceleration for extensive apps like games, so i presumed this was working to help the gpu. or is this only working with the onboard graphics ? (ie hd3000)

Thanks

yeah AVX extensions have been added, and these are optimised for video transcoding which is quite different to 3d gameplay. Have a read of this review on the 2500k and 2600k CPU http://www.guru3d.com/article/core-i...-2600k-review/ they talk about the integrated graphics GPU and compare with a dedicated one. The hardware in the integrated GPU is well behind that in a dedicated GPU. Also talked about is the impact on overclocking when using an integrated GPU, having this run over the same buses as the CPU can cause difficulty overclocking uour CPU using bus speed increases.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to uzinoz For This Useful Post:

icy (14th December 2011)

Thanks

I am sick of intel they are failing hardcore. i3,i5 even the small personal computers i have that are wide expensive for the worth of it. Stick with amd imo the BD series crushes. Even with the company i work in the intel dual quad nehalem servers the core operational are not as advertised. It seem with intel it works for a week then its odd after.